Saturday, April 3, 2010

Revival Time

Just rounded out my CCR collection! I found the 1970 live album called The Concert the other day at my record shop for $3.50! Now I have them all... the self-titled album, Bayou Country, Green River, Willy and the Poor Boys, Cosmo's Factory and Pendulum. There is actually one album, Mardi Gras, that I don't own... however, since Tom Fogerty left the band the album just isn't a proper CCR album.

Anyway, The Concert is good, but not incredible despite the over-the-top title. CCR is a tight, engaging, inventive and nearly flawless band. Capturing Creedence live is something that should have crossed someone's mind before this album. They did have a weird live album from European shows but, again... it was after Tom left so it isn't a proper example of the band. Nevertheless, as this is their only live album that is worth seeking out I was quite pleased to find it so cheap!

Long story short... Creedence Clearwater Revival was a great band! Dare I say they were the best American rock band of the late 60s & early 70s? What say you?

No comments: